Post by landostarchaser on Oct 7, 2010 16:40:15 GMT -5
We all love em'. Those pointless facts that you know or have looked up, that is so unbelievable but no one knows it. Well... This is you thread to post it. Post your most interesting facts, whether looking them up or just out of the top of your head.
Fact: The loudest animal is not a blue whale, but a shrimp. A Tiger Pistol Shrimp to be exact.
This might have been on a Dan Brown video, but i don't remember, it's just what I thought of.
Post by Lyserg Zeroz on Oct 7, 2010 17:04:29 GMT -5
There are some species of jellyfish (or I think it was just one) that are theorically immortal because of an special ability they have that allows them to reverse their life cycle. There are also some species that are edible.
Post by landostarchaser on Oct 7, 2010 18:25:04 GMT -5
Even though most people would say that the tongue is the strongest muscle (which you might have heard), It is actually the muscle that controls your jaw. Your bite can produce more Newtons on average than any other muscle.
Post by swiftthefox15 on Oct 7, 2010 19:53:29 GMT -5
This is my Specialty, here's a few
1) The Same PSI you use to bite through an apple can be used to bite through your tongue, your brain inhibits you from doing this
2) Soybeans are the ONLY vegetation that can provide a complete protein for your body, It gives you all nine (of 22) proteins that your body cannot make
3) The Item on the Taco Bell menu with the most Kilo-calories, Kilo-calorie is the correct name for Calorie, is the Taco Salad oddly Enough
4) The 2nd most fatty fruit is the Avacado, 1st is the olive, but despite this Avacado is very good for you
5) "Noob" was among candidates for the one-millionth English word selection by the Global Language Monitor. It lost to Web 2.0
6) You will spend 2 weeks of your life waiting for the traffic light to change
7) You will eat 8 spiders while you sleep in your whole life
8) Bengies Drive-In Movie Theater; Middle River, MD; has the largest movie screen in the country, measuring 52 feet high and 120 feet wide. 6,240sqft. BTW if your ever in Baltimore County I recommended going to Bengies, it's only $8 for three movies and the atmosphere is awesome.
9) The Baltimore Ravens are the 8th most valuable football franchise in the country named by Forbes Magazine, The Steelers are 17th, YOU HEAR THAT PITTSBURGH WERE BETTER THAN YOU as in our net-worth is better =D. BTW Dallas Cowboys are 1st. BTW the 2nd The Steelers are a good team... i apologize (But I don't apologize for your horrible rude fans)
Last Edit: Nov 29, 2010 19:23:10 GMT -5 by swiftthefox15
Post by Tony, the one and only on Oct 7, 2010 21:54:30 GMT -5
1:a rabbits testicles are situated in front of the reproductive organ 2: a Mantises ear is located on its stomach,and can pull out if a 30g dive that would hinder its predator unconcious. 3: zebras are white with black stripes 4: the egg came before the chicken... reptiles layed eggs and dinosaurs were reptiles. 5: scientist are speculating that one of jupiters moons may have once been a planet, due to its size and presence of water. 6: 1+1 sometimes equals 3: 1db+1db=3db 7: bears have a better sense of smell than dogs 8: most idioms are oxymoronic such as bone dry: your bones are 75% water or straight as an arrow: arrows warp when shot. 9: the human brain is able to store more information than 1000 of todays best supercomputers. 10: bombs implode before they explode, all of this takes place within a fraction of a second.
well thats all i can think of in a tired state of mind... ill see what i can remember tommorow